The Canon camera is one of the most popular brands in the market. It was first introduced in 1959 and immediately became an international sensation. In 1963 when it unveiled its compact 35mm SLR camera with a through-the-lens viewfinder.
In addition to this, the company also launched several other products such as lenses, flashes, printers, and image scanners.
Ever since then, Canon has been leading the photography industry with innovative technology that is both cutting-edge and yet easy enough for amateur photographers to use.
To reset your canon camera to factory settings, you first need to make sure that it is turned off. Then, you should remove the battery, memory card, and lens.
When you plug the camera back in and turn it on, it will prompt for a setup wizard that will take you through the process of setting up your camera. This article will walk you through the steps to reset your camera to factory settings.
How To Set Up A Canon Camera?
1st Step: Turn on your camera.
2nd Step: Press the MENU button.
3rd Step: Highlight Reset Settings and press the SET button.
How To Reset Factory Settings?
Canon cameras are complex devices, and not just in terms of taking photos. They have a lot of different settings that can be adjusted for various purposes.
The canon camera has a variety of settings for the user to experiment with and enjoy. However, if you ever want to go back to a default setting, there are ways to do that.
Here are three easy steps to reset your camera to factory settings:
1) Confirm that the power is off.
2) Turn on the camera while pressing the “Menu” button and then go to “Settings” by using the directional buttons.
3) Select “Clear Settings” by using the directional buttons and then press “OK.”
The camera has a reset button on the back. If you hold down that button for about 10 seconds, it will reset all of the settings on your camera back to their factory defaults.
Canon cameras can be set to a factory default setting by removing the CF card, turning the camera off, and then holding down both the shutter button and the menu button while turning on the camera again.
Steps of Resetting Canon Camera to Factory Settings:
1) Remove CF card from the camera
2) Turn off the camera
3) Hold down both the Shutter button and a Menu button while turning on the camera again.
Important Reminder – Saving Files Before Doing the Reset! It’s important to note that this process will delete any photos or videos on your camera’s memory card. To avoid this, copy the photos or videos you want to keep onto a computer before doing the reset.
The difference between resetting and restoring factory settings
It is important to understand the difference between restoring and resetting a Canon camera.
Restoring a camera to its factory settings deletes all of the data currently stored on it. This may include any pictures, videos, or other content that you have saved onto the device.
Resetting a Canon camera means simply deleting the user’s name and password that you have set up on your device. It will not delete any of your saved content, but it will erase any username or password that is currently set up on your device.
How To Restore Factory Settings?
Canon cameras are great for taking high-quality pictures. They also offer a lot of features to take your favorite shots. However, sometimes they can get stuck or not work. And you might need to reset your Canon camera back to factory settings. It will help you reset your camera to factory settings and get it up and running again!
Here, we’ll outline some of the steps you can take to reset your camera back to factory settings.
The best way to restore or reset your Canon camera is by using the following steps:
1) Turn off the power for 10 seconds and turn it back on again;
2) Press the “Menu” button on the settings screen
3) Press the “Q” button and select the  tab.
4) Under the  tab select the option “Clear all camera settings” and press the “Set” button.
5) The camera will ask to press either “Cancel” or “OK”. Press “OK” to reset the camera to factory settings.
Now the camera will go back to default factory settings.
How to reset canon camera WIFI password
Sometimes you can forget your WIFI password and find no way to remember it. What do you do with your Canon camera when this happens?
Well, the procedure is actually pretty simple. You need to run through the pairing process again.
1. Go to your camera Menu
2. Visit the WIFI function
3. There press the “Connect to Smartphone”.
4. Choose “Set” and
5. Press “Review/Change Setting”.
Now you can change or reset the password from here.
1. First enable the WIFI and then select the WIFI function
2. You’ll notice an “INFO” button, press it.
3. There will be a general screen displayed.
4. Press <V/> key in order to select [Clear Wi-Fi settings].
5. Now press “Set” and then “OK”.
Now all the WIFI settings will be cleared and the menu screen will reappear. You can put your new WIFI password now.